Employment - You've Got the Job!
So you have been confirmed a job at Moonrocks!
Please consider the following:
- You will need to complete all paperwork at the Gillebri Farm office before you commence work including Tax File Declarations, Banking and Employee Details. To avoid delay in the processing of your pay, come prepared.
- It takes approximately 6.5 hours by private car to get from Brisbane to St. George, please consider this when planning to arrive for induction, as staff may be unavailable at different points in the day.
- Be prepared to be working in a variety of crops, in a variety of roles. You will need to bring comfortable clothing including sleeved and collared shirts, closed in shoes, broad brimmed hat, water bottle, Carry bag / Small Esky for lunch. Any medications required.
- Contact the office at least once during your trip to St. George. (Preferable Moonie or Goondiwindi). St. George is located in a regional part of Australia and it is always advisable someone knows your approximate location
If you are staying on the farm:
- There are no available telephones, internet access or mail deliveries on farm. Only 3G Telstra has limited coverage on the farm Also, There is only Optus coverage in the town of St. George, Not on the farms, there is NO Vodafone coverage in the St George area.
- There are no shopping facilities available on farm.
- The farms drinking water is "artesian bore" water, some people dislike the taste. If this is you, you will need to buy 'pure' water at the local supermarket before arriving.
- Your room is shared with others, please consider this when packing expensive, private and irreplaceable items. Your room includes a bed, desk and storage space. They are air conditioned and include limited power points. You will need everything from linen, food, cutlery, crockery, toiletries, clothes, and personal items.
General information & staying in town
- The town has limited banking facilities.
- There are a few ATMs in St. George including the ones located at the Commonwealth Bank, West pac bank, BP Service Station and in most of the hotels in town.
- St. George shops are reflective of the small town population and therefore only open in restricted hours. It is advisable to have a few day's worth of food bought in advance.
- St. George has several fuel stations – only 2 are available 24 hours and this 'station' accepts cards only.
- Be advised that no fuel is available from the farm or between the farm and the town of St. George.
- The town of St George has limited internet access for the public, the Visitor Information Centre on The Terrace, the public library, and Computers @ St George in the main street offer some computer & internet access.
- Please come to work prepared, as it is a 20 minute journey for simple items like water bottles and forgotten hats.
There are detailed maps with directions, Please click HERE